Friday, April 24, 2015

Is it wrong to have standards?

I was looking at my older videos, particually from the 2013 era.  I was a bit younger, and in the best shape of my recent years.  Much of that was due to walking.

I have written several blog posts about my standards and deal breakers when it comes to dating.  As I am nearing 40, are my standards too high for someone in my position?

Let's face it, I am a grey haired fat guy.  While I do get some action, in fact I was rubbing some feet last Thursday, I am no where near to getting the action I would get if I were in better shape.

I recently changed jobs.  In earlier years this would have been a set back for me.  This time I had FU money. I had enough in savings where I could say "screw you guys, I'm going home"  This new job is a bit different that what I am used to, but it has more money.  Another advantage is nobody at works knows HappyCabbie even exists.  At my last job someone recognized me.

A fat wallet can be very attractive but do I really want someone that shallow?  For a quick booty, yes, but not for anything longterm.

Today I was chatting up two females who clearly were friends.  One was used to being at the center of attention, but my eyes were on the second.  Although not as beautiful as her friend was, she clearly took more effort to look her best.  She wore her hair long, dressed like a lady, and was courteous.  I didn't even give her friend a second look, and that upset her but she had to many deal breakers for me, most importantly, the hair.  She clearly asked for the Moe Howard when she went to the hair dresser.  I don't care if she is younger and more in shape, beauty is only temporary, yet it is her friend who puts in the time and effort to look feminine is the one I would chose everytime.

What about women's choices?  A person with options will always chose the option that looks the best.  Just as the front door looked real good at my last job, I likewise now have options that I didn't have when I was younger.  When I was younger I didn't make a whole lot of money, and I was still af fat guy.  I may have gotten fatter, but so has my wallet.  I can afford to be more selective in my dating.  For me, being single is better than being in a bad relationship.  A lot of my current deal breakers come from experience.  Experiences I do not want to relive.

There are things women can do to attract me, the most important thing is to look and act feminine.  However, there are things I need to start doing to attract a quality female.  Get in shape, go back to wearing shirts and ties, look and act masculine.  I used to do these things when I was younger, then I got lazy and allowed myself to get in a rut.  I am putting myself on notice, that it is time to get off my butt.  Not just to attract a quality female, but simply to better myself.


  1. Invest in new clothes, Clothes maketh the man.
  2. Keep the beard, but the edges are a bit bushy, trim and keep them trimed
  3. Walk every single day, even in bad weather, when it got too cold this past winter I stopped, this winter buy a coat.
  4. get back on that diet, I should weigh less than what I did in 2013 not more