Sunday, August 5, 2012

Feeling Used

Yesterday was not a good day for me. Yesterday I had a really bad case of diarrhea and I could not eat or drink anything. As the day went on I began to feel very dehydrated. Eventually my diarrhea came out as clear water. I took some medicine but it did not work. Whatever was inside me, my body wanted out.

Of course during this time I got the usual requests for help in my inbox and on skype. Even as I told people I was not feeling well, they continued to message me. Apparently I am not allowed a sick day. I am expected to help people no matter how bad I feel.

Ironically the only person who did contact me who just wanted to see how I was doing was the "evil" Brett Keane. He didn't need anything. He just wanted to say hello. When he found out I was sick he stayed on skype with me for a few hours trying to cheer me up.

Anyway, I think I am going to take a break from the internet for a while. It might be a week, it might be two weeks or even longer. I just can't be everyone's resource all the time. I need some me time.